27 October 2009

We survived the night....

The night went better than I expected, which is always a good thing. :)

We decided that at dinner time if he wasn't going to eat what I made then he was just able to get down, but no TV and no snacks....it was much better than listening to him scream.

We also decided that since he did not take a nap he was going to be early. Normally we start getting him ready for bed at 7:30, which consists of brushing his teeth, going potty, then pj's and a bedtime story. Last night we started at 6:45 and he was in bed a few minutes after 7 pm...I closed the door and waited. About 3 seconds later I heard him get out of bed and come to the door, since he was not able to open it I let him stand there for a few minutes before I went in. I went in and he was standing at his closet, I scooped him up put him back in bed and told him it was time to sleep, walked out and hoped for the best ~ he was quiet for most of the night.

He did get up twice...the first time was about 9 pm or so and he was so tired he was just a walking zombie. I changed his diaper and back to bed and he never made another peep until about 5 am and Karl took him back in and he went right back to sleep until 7 am!

Thank the Lord because I don't think I could have done another day like yesterday. I am not to thrilled about it raining and being in the house all day but if I could survive yesterday I can survive anything.

I think. :)

No comments: