26 October 2009

Hmmm...Sanity....anybody have some to spare?

I have none left.


Why you ask.....three little letters have caused me to lose the last tiny bit I had left.


MAX. Yes my dear sweet son has rendered me completely insane.


Last night we fought, battled, attempted to coerce him to eat dinner. Humph...what were we thinking. From attempting to get Max to eat ONE tiny little bit of potato started a 2 hour - yes I said 2 HOURS ~ fight. Max cried, kicked, screamed, choked, cried, kicked, screamed, and choked some more. After that hour of torture was up we proceeded to try and put him to bed being that it was his bedtime..........well another hour of torture then ensued. Max is a pro at getting out of his crib now. Envision my sweet angel faced child charging out of his bedroom (he opens doors quite masterfully) and running down the hallway into Daddy's arms, only to find out he was going right back into bed. It was so relaxing...like the kind of relaxing that comes from someone ripping your fingernails off one by one. :)


Finally we decide to give him a bath, read a story and he was out like a light. Thankfully. This morning I woke up to Max (a.k.a the devil reincarnate) staring at me and saying "ake up mommy, ake up." At least it was only 6:45 am...I could live with that.

The day was going quite nicely and I was all excited to go on our pumpkin picking hayride with the awesome ladies of my Mom's group....oh how quickly the day can change.


Due to the pumpkin patch people double booking basically we had to wait for about 30-45 minutes until we were able to go and let me just say Max was a joy....again if joy were someone pulling my eyelashes out one by one and then pouring bleach into my eyes.

He proceeded to not be happy about anything and turned into a limp noodle and throwing quite a fit ~ in front of not only the lovely ladies of the group (sooooooo very sorry Karen, Judith, and Jessica!) but in front of all the other ladies of different groups. At that point I decided that I had had enough and we left. Then the real show started....Max cried and screamed the whole way to the car, even throwing in the limp noodle act a few times. It was so delightful when I was trying to get him into his car seat all while poor little Emma is being bounced around in the carrier.

The ride home was fairly uneventful and I was even able to get him to eat some lunch. Then nap time came around and well we are still working on that one. Max has climbed out of his crib every single time I have put him in....I think we are working on #15 now....I managed to get a safety lock on his door, on his side, and am now listening to him talk and play in there. I have given up trying to get him to stay IN his crib because I just can't fight anymore. There is nothing dangerous in his room (save for himself of course) and I am just tired of the battle.

Hmmmm after today I can't wait for bed time tonight. :)

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Wow. Sounds like a Nanny 911 episode!

If you want a bit o' advice on his eating, email me. I'm starting to sound like a know it all, and I definitely DON'T know it all. I only know tricks that have worked for us.

Unknown said...

Hang in there mom, this won't last for long.