18 August 2010

Truly Blessed....

When I first moved to New Jersey no one could have convinced me that I would like it here. I was 5 months pregnant, just left a brand new home that I LOVED and left a group of friends behind that were truly amazing.

I was lucky enough to find a playgroup that was full of some great moms. But unfortunately that group fell apart but I did meet a few WONDERFUL mom's that I really connected with. Then I was able to find another playgroup and really loved being a part of it. For the last year I have truly enjoyed being a part of this group and again met some awesome mom's. Unfortunately some things happened in the last few weeks that I didn't feel comfortable with and I made the touch decision to leave the group.

Thankfully through the strong connections I have made with these moms I was able to find another playgroup. I truly hope this one is as great as the last few have been, as I love that my children are able to interact with other children their own ages. Plus as I mentioned I have made some great friends.

Today I got to hang out with one of those amazing mom's. My friend Trish helped me with my very first lesson in home canning. It was great....we made peach salsa (ABSOLUTELY DELISH, btw) and it was just great hanging out with her, laughing about our kids, maybe doing some complaining about our hubbies, and just having fun. It was so great just spending time with such a fun, amazing, wonderful women....no cattiness, just plain fun.

I was driving home and realized how truly blessed I am. Both Max and Emma were passed out in the back seat and the world just felt right. As I get older I really feel that I am becoming wiser. I am of course not perfect by any means, (just ask my hubbie...lol!) but I am starting to become comfortable with me. I love my husband so very much, my children are amazing and I don't know what or who I would be without them and I feel truly blessed to have had such amazing people come into my life.

This post basically boils down to a humongous THANK YOU to all those people....my friend Trish always says to "love wastefully" and I just love that statement and all that goes with it. As my 37th birthday draws near this is quickly becoming my new mantra and I plan to really love as wastefully as I can!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ugh, I hate girl drama. Glad you were able to extricate yourself from it. Unfortunately, some people never progress beyond junior high.

Send me some of that peach salsa!

Miralee said...

Would love to!!!! It was soooo delish! Can't wait to try some more stuff.....

And yes it was so high school drama but glas it's over and done with.